Well I got on the dreaded scale this morning which I had been avoiding for way too long. The result was 200# (yes you read that right). This means I have 50# to lose. It was disappointing but not really surprising.
I did really good with my eating today. Which is good considering we thought that Andrew had broken his forearm at tumbling class. I took him to urgent care and it turned out to be only a sprain.
I did read a really great article in the new edition of Self magazine. It was about how we identify our weight with that of our mother's weight issues and how food played a role in our childhoods. I really related to this article. She wrote this at the end of it "Thinness isn't that same thing as happiness and solace isn't the same as food"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

While I am obviously not the one to give "advice" on weight loss and exersize, you know you have my support 100%. I know how important this is to you and I know you can do this.You are an amazing person inside and out and I look forward to following you and being there on this journey with you. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I love you....Kari
ReplyDeleteI am not someone to give advice on weight loss, but like Kari, I'm here to support you 100% in whatever way I can. Losing the weight and getting in better shape is important not only to you, but to the rest of us for health reasons - we want you around for a long, long time. It is difficult and you know that. The good news is that you have done it before. You ran your first marathon in May and I am so proud of you! If you can do it once, you know you can do it again! Plus, now you've got us to keep track of you and offer more encouragement. We'll be thinking of you, as always, and praying for a successful journey. Much Love!
ReplyDelete